Please Retain This User’s Guide for Future Reference
1. Read all instructions before using the electric fireplace.
2. This fireplace is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let
bare skin touch hot surfaces. The trim around the heater
outlet becomes hot during heater operation.
3. Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by
or near children or invalids and whenever the unit is left
operating and unattended.
4. Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do
not play with the appliance.
5.The appliance is not intended for use by young children or
infirmed persons without supervision.
6. The appliance must be positioned so that the plug is
7. Always unplug the electric fireplace when not in use.
8. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the
manufacturer, or its service agent, or a qualified person in
order to avoid a hazard.
9. Do not operate any unit with a damaged cord or plug, or if
the heater has malfunctioned, or if the electric fireplace has
been dropped or damaged in any manner. Contact Dimplex
Technical Service 1-888-346-7539.
10. Do not use outdoors.
11. Never locate fireplace where it may fall into a bathtub or
other water container.
12. Do not install the fireplace directly on carpet or a similar
surface which may restrict air circulation beneath the unit.
13. Do not run the cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord
with throw rugs, runners, or the like. Arrange cord away from
traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
14. Do not locate the heater immediately below a fixed
15. To disconnect the fireplace, turn the controls off, then
remove the plug from the outlet.
16. Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any
ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric
shock or fire, or damage to the heater.
17. Although this unit is of zero clearance design, to prevent a
possible fire, do not block air intake or exhaust in any