1. Always read, understand and follow the cylinder manufacturer's instructions.
2. The LP-gas supply cylinder to be used must be constructed and marked in accordance with the
specifications for LP-gas cylinders of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) or the
National Standards of Canada, CAN/CSA-B339, Cylinders, Spheres and Tubes for the
Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
3. Make sure that the cylinder valve has the proper receptacle for a handwheel hose connection.
4. When appliance is not in use, the gas must be turned off at the supply cylinder.
5. Storage of an appliance indoors is permissible only if the cylinder is disconnected and removed
from the appliance.
6. Cylinder must be stored outdoors, out of the reach of children and must NOT be stored in a building,
garage or any other enclosed area.
LP Gas Cylinder Information
Bayou Classic Outdoor Appliances are manufactured for use with 20 lb LP Gas cylinders.
Important precautions to remember about LP Gas cylinders include:
Connect to Tank
Disconnect from Tank
Caution: The Control Valve
Controls the "Volume" of Gas ONLY.
Use the Valve on the Propane Tank
to turn Gas Supply "ON" or "OFF".
WITH SIDE VALVE
2. Attach hose with fitting to the Gas Inlet as shown.
(but not too tight)
The hose and regulator is a pre-assembled unit. Do not take apart. Simply connect the hose and
regulator assembly to the LP gas cylinder and to the appliance. An adjustable wrench is needed when
attaching the hose to the gas appliance.
If there is evidence of abrasion, wear, cuts or leaks, the hose must be replaced prior
to the appliance being put into operation.
Call 1-800-864-6194 for hose replacement. (Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, Saturday 9am - 2pm CST)
1. Make sure the valve on the LP cylinder is clean. Connect the hose to the cylinder valve by turning
the handwheel to the right. Hand tighten.
Handwheel Connector conforms to new standards regulating propane tanks.
Hose Attachment Instructions