SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
PLEASE RETAIN THIS USER’S GUIDE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the
risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
1. Read all instructions before using the electric fireplace.
2. The heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot
surfaces. The trim around the heater outlet becomes hot during heater operation. Keep
combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains
at least 3 feet (0.9m) from the front of the unit.
3. Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or invalids
and whenever the unit is left operating and unattended.
4. Always unplug the electric fireplace when not in use.
5. Do not operate any unit with a damaged cord or plug, or if the heater has malfunctioned,
or if the electric fireplace has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return heater
to authorized service facility for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or
6. Do not use outdoors.
7. The electric fireplace is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar
indoor locations. Never locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water
8. Do not run the cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or the
like. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
9. To disconnect the unit, turn the controls off, then remove the plug from the outlet.
10. Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this
may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage to the heater.
11. To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intake or exhaust in any manner. Do not use
on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
12. All electrical heaters have hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use in areas
where gasoline, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored or where the unit will be
exposed to flammable vapors.
13. Do not modify the electric fireplace. Use it only as described in this manual. Any other
use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or injury to
14. Avoid the use of an extension cord. Extension cords may overheat and cause a risk of
fire. If you must use an extension cord, the cord must be No. 16 AWG minimum size
and rated no less than 1875 watts.
15. Do not burn wood or other materials in the electric fireplace.
16. Do not strike the fireplace glass.
17. Always use a certified electrician should new circuits or outlets be required.
18. Always use properly grounded, fused and polarized outlets.
19. Disconnect all power supply before performing any cleaning, maintenance or relocation
of the unit.
20. When transporting or storing the unit and cord, keep in a dry place, free from excessive
vibration and store so as to avoid damage.
NOTE: Procedures and techniques that are considered important enough to emphasize.
CAUTION: Procedures and techniques which, if not carefully followed, will result in damage to
WARNING: Procedures and techniques which, if not carefully followed, will expose the user to
the risk of fire, serious injury, illness or death.