LP Gas Outdoor Fireplace Model No. GAD1399SP Series
12. If igniter does not light burner:
a. Wearing heat reistant gloves, position a lit long match or long lit butane lighter near
the pilot housing.
b. Push and turn control knob counterclockwise to
c. Remove long match/long butane lighter once lit.
W CAUTION: After Lighting - Using a shovel and heat resistant gloves,
carefully move the glass rocks or lava rocks back to their proper
position, being careful to avoid the flame.
13. After lighting, observe the burner flame, make sure all burner ports are lit and flame height
matches illustration. (Figure 5)
W Caution: If burner flame goes out during operation, immediately
turn the control knob
(OFF) and open lid to let the gas clear for 5
minutes before re-lighting.
1. Turn LP gas tank valve to “CLOSED”.
2. Turn all control knobs to the “OFF
Note: A “poof” sound is normal as the last of the LP gas is burned.
3. Disconnect LP gas tank per “Disconnect LP Gas Tank” instructions.
Cleaning and Care
1. All cleaning and maintenance should be done when outdoor
fireplace is cool and with the fuel supply disconnected.
2. DO NOT clean any outdoor fireplace part in a self cleaning oven.
The extreme heat will damage the finish.
3. Do not enlarge valve orifices or burner ports when cleaning the
valves or burners.
1. This outdoor fireplace should be thoroughly cleaned and inspected on a regular
2. Abrasive cleaners will damage this product.
3. Never use oven cleaner to clean any part of outdoor fireplace.
Before Each Use:
1. Keep the outdoor fireplace area clean and free from any combustible materials, gasoline,
and other flammable vapors and liquids.
2. Do not obstruct the flow of the combustion of LP and the ventilation air.
3. Keep the ventilation opening(s) of the LP gas tank area free and clear from debris.
4. Visually check the burner flames to make sure your outdoor fireplace is working properly.
5. See sections below for proper cleaning instructions.
6. Check all gas connections for leaks.
7. Check components for any signs of damage or rust.
8. Check and clean the burner/venturi tubes for insects and insect nests. A clogged tube can
lead to a fire beneath the outdoor fireplace.
9. If damage to any component is detected, do NOT operate until repairs are executed.
1. Wipe surfaces clean with mild dishwashing detergent or baking soda mixed with water.
2. For stubborn surfaces use a citrus based degreaser and a nylon scrubbing brush.
3. Rinse clean with water.
4. Allow to air dry.
1. Turn control knob to (OFF) and LP gas tank valve to “CLOSED”.
2. Clean all surfaces.
3. Lightly coat the burners with cooking oil to prevent excess rusting.
4. If storing the outdoor fireplace indoors, disconnect the LP tank, see “Disconnect LP Gas
Tank” section, and leave the LP gas tank OUTDOORS.
5. Place the protective cap cover on the LP tank and store the tank outdoors in a well
ventilated area out of direct sunlight.
6. Cover outdoor fireplace with a durable vinyl cover designed to fit this unit.
7. Store in a cool and dry location away from children and pets.
Checking for Leaks
W WARNING: Before using this outdoor
fireplace, make sure you have read,
understand and are following all
information provided in the Dangers
and Warnings presented on page 2.
Failure to follow those instructions
can cause death, serious injury or
1. Make sure the regulator valve and hose
connections are securely fastened to the burner
and the tank.
If your unit was assembled for you, visually
check the connection between the burner
venturi pipe and orifice. Make sure the burner
venturi pipe fits over the orifice.
W WARNING: Failure to inspect
this connection or follow these
instructions could cause a fire or an
explosion which can cause death,
serious bodily injury, or damage to
2. Please refer to diagram for proper installation.
(Figures 1 and 2)
3. If the burner pipe does not rest flush to the
orifice, please contact 1.800.762.1142 for
Tank/Gas Line Connection
1. Make 2-3 oz. of leak solution by mixing one part
liquid dishwashing soap with three parts water.
2. Make sure control knobs are “OFF
3. Connect LP gas tank per “Installing LP Gas
4. Turn LP gas tank valve to “OPEN”.
5. Spoon several drops of solution, or use squirt
bottle, at all “X” locations (Figures 1 and 2).
a. If any bubbles appear remove the LP gas tank
and reconnect, making sure the connection
b. If you continue to see bubbles after several
attempts, remove the LP gas tank per
“Disconnect LP Gas Tank” instructions, and
contact 1.800.762.1142 for assistance.
c. If no bubbles appear after one minute, wipe
away solution and proceed.
W Caution: Keep outdoor gas cooking
appliance area clear and free from
combustible materials, gasoline and
other flammable vapors and liquids.
W Caution: Do not obstruct the flow of
combustion and ventilation air.
W Caution: Check and clean burner/
venturi tubes for insects and insect
nests. A clogged tube can lead to a fire beneath the grill.
W Caution: Attempting to light the burner with the lid closed may cause
1. Make sure all labels, packaging and protective films have been removed from the outdoor
2. Make sure there are no obstructions of airflow to the burners. Spiders and insects can nest
within and clog the burner / venturi tube at the orifice. A clogged burner tube can lead to a
fire beneath the appliance.
3. Control knob must be in the
(OFF) position. (Figure 3)
4. Clear small area of glass rocks or lava rocks away from the pilot housing.
5. Connect LP gas tank per “Connect LP Gas Tank” instructions.
6. Turn LP gas tank valve to “OPEN”.
7. Push and turn control knob to
8. Press the
(electronic igniter) button and hold for up to 5 seconds to light the pilot.
9. Hold the control knob in for 20 seconds to heat thermocouple.
10. After 20 seconds, release and turn control knob counterclockwise to igniter burner and
adjust flame to desired height.
11. If ignition does not occur in 5 seconds, turn control knob
(OFF), wait 5 minutes, and
repeat lighting procedure.
LP Gas Valve
OFF / ARRÊT