LP GAS CYLINDER
• Use only a 20 pound LP Gas Cylinder or smaller with a protective
• LP (propane) gas is colorless, tasteless, heavier than air, and is both flammable and explosive.
Combustion of propane consumes oxygen and produces carbon monoxide, a poisonous gas.
Therefore, never operate an outdoor cooker appliance inside a building or confined area where
ventilation may be restricted. Make sure the LP cylinder and the cooker are placed in an open
area. DO NOT obstruct the flow of combustion and ventilation air.
• Never use a gas cylinder if it shows signs of dents, gouges, bulges, fire damage, erosion, leakage,
excessive rust, or other forms of visible external damage. The cylinder may be hazardous and
should be checked by a qualified liquid propane supplier.
• Never attach a gas cylinder, move or alter fittings while cooker is hot or in operation.
• Do not attempt to disconnect the regulator hose assembly while cooker is in operation.
• When cooker use is complete, always turn the LP cylinder valve OFF first, then turn the regulator
control valve OFF. Turning the cylinder OFF first allows remaining gas to flow out of the regulator
hose assembly before the regulator control valve is turned OFF.
• DO NOT use external electrical sources with this appliance.
• Storage of this appliance indoors is permissible only if the cylinder is disconnected and removed
from the appliance and left outdoors. Cylinders must be stored outdoors out of the reach of children
and must not be stored in a building, garage or any other enclosed area.
• The installation of this appliance must conform with local codes or, in the absence of local codes,
with the National Fuel Gas Code, ANSI Z223.1/NFPA 54, Storage and Handling of Liquefied
Petroleum Gases, ANSI/NFPA 58, Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code, CSA B149.1,
Propane Storage and Handling, CSA B149.2, or the Standard for Recreational Vehciles, ANSI
A119.2/NFPA 1192 and the Recreational Vehicle Code, CSA z240 RV Series.
• Refer to section about LP Gas Cylinder Information on pages 10 -11 in this manual.
• This appliance does not have automatic ther
mostat controls so must be attended and monitored
at all times during use.
• Use only the regulator hose assembly that is supplied with this appliance, Model #M5HPR-1.
This appliance has an open flame. In sunlight or other bright light, the flame may be almost invisible.
Use extreme caution keeping hands, hair and clothing away from the cooker. Do not lean over the
cooker when lighting burner. Loose hair and clothing can catch fire during lighting and operation.
• This is an ATTENDED appliance, DO NOT leave this appliance unattended while heating oil,
grease or water, cooking food or when hot after use (oil, grease or water above 115˚F: 45˚C).
Heated liquid can remain at scalding temperatures long after cooking has ended.
• When cooking with oil/grease, a thermometer must be used to monitor temperature.
Oil/grease heated above 400˚F (200˚C) will ignite and catch fire causing property damage,
personal injury or death.