Contact 1.800.762.1142 for assistance. Do not return to place of purchase.
Insert Wood Rack and Spark Guard
WARNING: Before using this outdoor fireplace, make sure you have
read, understand and are following all information provided in the
Important Safeguards presented on page 2. Failure to follow those
instructions can cause death, serious injury or property damage.
Lighting with wood
1. Make sure there is only a small amount of ash in the bottom of the bowl.
2. Place a layer of dry kindling or a natural firestarter such as Fatwood™ onto the center of the
3. Place above that a layer of dry seasoned hardwood that is cut to lengths no more than
3/4 the diameter of the bowl.
4. Use a match to light kindling or firestarter.
5. Using heat resistant gloves close spark guard door, once the kindling or firestarter is lit.
Tending the fire
You may need to shift and/or add logs for an ideal experience.
CAUTION: Do NOT place hot fireplace tools onto combustible surfaces
such as grass, wooden deck or furniture.
1. Using heat resistant gloves and long handled fireplace tool, carefully remove the spark guard.
2. While using a long handled fireplace tool, shift coals and logs to allow additional airflow.
3. Do NOT add gasoline, kerosene, diesel fuel, lighter fluid or alcohol to relight or enhance an
4. Wait until glowing coals have developed before adding any additional wood. If additional
wood is required, place wood on top of coals. Be careful not to shift ashes.
5. Using heat resistant gloves and long handled fireplace tool, carefully replace the spark guard.
1. Allow fire to burn itself out.
2. Do NOT use water to extinguish as this is dangerous and can cause damage to this outdoor
Cleaning and Care
This outdoor fireplace should be inspected on a regular basis to ensure product safety and
longer product life.
CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to inspect this outdoor fireplace until the fire
is COMPLETELY out.
1. Check handles to make sure they are secure.
2. Check components for any signs of damage or rust.
3. If damage to any component is detected, do NOT operate until repairs are executed.
This outdoor fireplace should be cleaned on a regular basis to promote safer experiences and
longer product life.
Note: After repeated use, a slight discoloration of the finish may occur.
CAUTION:Do NOT attempt to clean this outdoor fireplace until the fire is
CAUTION: Do NOT use oven cleaner or abrasive cleaners as they will
damage this product.
CAUTION: Do NOT clean any part of this outdoor fireplace in a self
cleaning oven as it may damage the finish.
1. Wipe exterior surfaces with a mild dishwashing detergent or baking soda.
2. For stubborn surfaces use a citrus based degreaser and a nylon scrubbing brush.
3. Rinse clean with water.
4. Remove built-up creosote from components with a chimney cleaning product.
Tip: Keeping the outdoor fireplace covered when cooled and not in use will help protect it from
CAUTION: Do NOT move or store this outdoor fireplace until the fire is
1. Once the fire is out, coals are cold and outdoor fireplace is cool to the touch, remove ashes
and properly dispose.
2. Store assembled in a cool, dry location away from children and pets.